Half bloody to me

I've waited for two years, and this is all i got? Said the lady beside me inside the cinema after watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night. I myself felt a craving for more action and thrills like the previous episodes, more exciting fight scenes maybe. I was able to read the book, and i think it lacks the excitement as i was reading it. Which made me think i did not get what i wanted to see. It is like "half bloody" to me. But David Yates was successful in sustaining my interest of the story, that i really wanted him to make the sequel tomorrow.
Here are some comments i read from other blogs. You might want to leave yours too after watching the movie.


"After the clumsy storytelling and hollow action of some of this summer’s Hollywood blockbusters, Yates’ latest Potter is a shining beacon of quality."
Charles Gant
Heat Magazine


"This is the least involving of the series so far, with an unclear storyline and action set-pieces that fail to convey the excitement of the book."
Christopher Tookey
Daily Mail [UK]


"It's a more mature magic. ... Now subject to the same raging hormones as any other 16-year-olds, our spell-casting heroes are learning to brew love potions this year, with results mostly played for laughs."
Bob Mondello
NPR


"So yes, Half-Blood Prince is a bloody good time, and the best summer blockbuster film since Star Trek, but make sure you make the time to sit down and read the books if you haven't."
Matthew Razak
DC Examiner


Still feels "half bloody" to me...

Comments

Popular Posts