Tough mom, down with hemorrhoids.

It's four o'clock in the afternoon, the busiest hour in the newsroom. I need to finish three scripts before airing. Usually, i don't answer calls or read text message during this time for it will just slow my pace. But today, a text message caught my attention. My sister told me to call mom as soon as possible.
I left the news room and called mom to check. She told me she was so scared. When she defecated early this afternoon, she saw blood on her stool. I freaked out and asked her to see the doctor immediately. Her doctor cannot diagnose what caused her bleeding and advised her to seek medical attention in the city.
My brother decided to bring mom here in Davao City, while i booked her at Davao Medical School Foundation. When she arrived, we immediately went to Dr. Bisnar's clinic for general check-up. Dr. Bisnar ruled out, my mom was having an internal hemorrhoids which caused the bleeding. My mother's condition needs surgical operation.

Hemorrhoids are painful, swollen veins in the lower portion of the rectum or anus. Hemorrhoids result from increased pressure in the veins of the anus. The pressure causes the veins to bulge and expand, making them painful, particularly when you are sitting. The most common cause is straining during bowel movements. Hemorrhoids may result from constipation, sitting for long periods of time, and anal infections. In some cases they may be caused by other diseases, such as liver cirrhosis. Internal hemorrhoids occur just inside the anus, at the beginning of the rectum.

As i was watching her lying inside the emergency room, i saw how strong my mother was. For more than twenty years, she was able to provide for me and my three siblings after our father died while i was in high school . My father died of complication. My mom, i never heard her complain of any ailments ever since until today. The doctor said it isn't serious but mom needs to undergo surgery to avoid complications and to get rid of annoying pains. My mom is scheduled for operation tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Davao City

Comments

Popular Posts